I first came across this recipe on Youtube. I have deviated from the original recipe by adding a tbsp of yoghurt to the curry while cooking it.
- Chicken preferably on bone without any skin. I prefer using the 825 gms of Tesco's Free Range Corn Fed Chicken drumstick and thighs
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 inch piece of root ginger, finely chopped
- 2-4 green finger chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 0.5 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tbsp yoghurt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Salt to taste
- Add the oil to a sauce pan and throw in the chopped onions. Mix them thoroughly and cover with a lid. Fry until the onions are dark brown.
- Add a cup of water, mix and let it boil for about 3 minutes.
- Add the dry spices, salt, garlic, ginger and chillies followed by the Chicken. Mix thoroughly, cover and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the yoghurt and the tomato purée. Replace the lid and cook for a further 7 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Switch off the heat and add the coriander leaves.
- Let it rest for about 5 minutes.