Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A day out at the Museum with the Canon 10-22 USM lens

It has been a couple of weeks since I borrowed a friend's Canon 10-22 USM wide angle lens. I have been thinking of buying a wide angle lens for some time now but wanted to test it out before committing to buying it.

I got the perfect opportunity to test the lens over the Easter weekend when we visited the Natural History Museum at London.  I have been to this museum a few times earlier with my camera but never really managed to get good pictures on those occasions.

This time however, I had the right lens for the job. The wide angle allowed me to get very close to the display while being able to capture it in its entirety. This was necessary since the museum had a large number of visitors on that day. Getting a shot of the exhibit while trying to avoid people crossing the frame would have been difficult with a  longer focal length. The grandeur of the building was captured very nicely by this lens.

This lens would also be a very good option to have when sight seeing around cities with its cramped spaces and large buildings.

Natural History Museum - 20100403

Setting a frost alarm on Home assistant

One of the issues with winter is the possibility of ice covering your windscreen which needs to be cleared before you can drive. Clearing ou...